Advertisement

Okay, how many of you live in/by Seattle?

Started by June 14, 2015 01:18 AM
2 comments, last by blueshogun96 9 years, 4 months ago

A handful of mods suggested that I seek out other devs in my area to hopefully give me a hand with my job search. Finding a new job can be frustrating when you don't know anyone. My last dry spell lasted 5 months, and the next job I got was merely due to favour from an inside contact. Now that contract has ended weeks ago, and now I have to go though the stressful job search again... unless my game(s) go golden (or silver) and I can make a decent living off of the profits and make more titles.

Okay, I was convinced that not many peeps live by me, so I started this thread. So far, everyone I come across is either in the mid west, east coast or California (in Murica), and random European countries. Never met anyone from my area, except Khatharr, and he's busy with schooling.

So, speak up. Who's here? Help me find a job, and I'll buy you lunch!

Shogun.

I'd advice to start learning SQL and relational databases. It will broaden your opportunities.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Advertisement
Seattle is the location of Valve, Nintendo of America, Microsoft Game Studios, ArenaNet, Glu Mobile, 343, Wargaming, Bungie, PopCop, WB Games, Turn 10, Sucker Punch, and dozens of other game companies. Of course there's a ton of game developers around here. smile.png

There are multiple game developer meetups in the area, both in downtown Seattle and out on the Eastside. Here's the IGDA Seattle Calendar and the first Google hit for "game developer meetup seattle".

Sean Middleditch – Game Systems Engineer – Join my team!

Seattle is the location of Valve, Nintendo of America, Microsoft Game Studios, ArenaNet, Glu Mobile, 343, Wargaming, Bungie, PopCop, WB Games, Turn 10, Sucker Punch, and dozens of other game companies. Of course there's a ton of game developers around here. smile.png

There are multiple game developer meetups in the area, both in downtown Seattle and out on the Eastside. Here's the IGDA Seattle Calendar and the first Google hit for "game developer meetup seattle".

Anything like this for non-gamedev?

Shogun.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement