Advertisement

Can somebody please help me decide which page is better.

Started by June 13, 2015 03:57 PM
16 comments, last by 21st Century Moose 9 years, 4 months ago

Hi everyone I want to do a redesign for my assets page and I was wondering if you would spare a moment to give me your opinions.

Could you have a look at these two pages, and tell me which layout you think is best.

page one http://www.gamedeveloperstudio.com/graphics/index.php

page two http://www.gamedeveloperstudio.com/graphics/testindex.php

page two loads really slowly at the moment, because they are not really thumbnail size images being loaded, it's just a visual test. if you fell like giving a brief reason as to your choice, I would appreciate it. Thankyou!

www.gamedeveloperstudio.com​ the largest collection of high-quality 2d assets in one style and at affordable prices

I like testindex for seeing more of the image, but the lack of grid alignment is annoying. Index looks tighter and cleaner, but it's harder to judge assets from just the thumbnail. I would propose a third option where you show more of the image like in testindex, but give them a fixed height(hide overflow) and place them in a grid like in index.

Advertisement

index by far, the unaligned version is just messy and painful to read to me.

First page looks less messy.

On a side note, you need to auto-generate a watermark for your assets. Anyone can rip them from the store page.

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

this one http://www.gamedeveloperstudio.com/graphics/index.php

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

I actually like the second one better, but only if you have a better sorting algorithm biggrin.png

+1 for watermark.

Advertisement

The second link shows more of the spritesheet, so I think that one is better. This is unrelated to your question, but why are there so many different prices? I think it's better if you stick to whole numbers (ex. $0.00, $0.50, $1.00, $1.50, etc.). I think even numbers are more visually appealing as well. Personally, I'd rather spend $0.50 than $0.55, and $1.00 over $0.95. Just my opinion though. happy.png

Hey thanks everyone for your opinions, They have really helped, I might / definitely will have a play around with the third option from Mussi it sounds like a great idea, a best of both worlds situation., especially as there appears to be some mixed feedback, the messiness of the test index page is very off putting. There is actually no sorting algorithm at the moment , the images are just pulled out in whatever order they're in.

As to the other ideas people have suggested I am grateful you took the time to further add this information, - @onigirflash you are right, I will fix the prices to round numbers, thank you for your suggestion

@codefox thanks for your suggestion too. Yeah a watermark would be good to stop people ripping from the site, although I don't like the way it obscures the image, and for the price of the asset is it really worth somebodies time to cut them out in ps??, but I suppose there are all types who would do anything to get something for nothing.

I would love to hear more comments from others who read this topic. thanks a bunch everyone!

www.gamedeveloperstudio.com​ the largest collection of high-quality 2d assets in one style and at affordable prices

@onigirflash you are right, I will fix the prices to round numbers, thank you for your suggestion

You might find this interesting: https://blog.kissmetrics.com/5-psychological-studies/

Visuals are fine, but functionality needs to be a first-class citizen. Please provide ways to easily filter of your art.

I was glancing over your art and almost everything seemed side-scrolling focused. I flipped through a few pages, but no way I'm going to crawl through alot of pages just to check if you even have art for my camera angle of choice.

There needs to be an easy way to filter multiple categories at once, and to negate categories. i.e. "Overhead" AND "not cartoon"

Tagging works great for this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement