Advertisement

Has anyone got work through GD Classifieds?

Started by March 25, 2015 12:25 PM
2 comments, last by d000hg 9 years, 6 months ago

Not sure if General is the right place for this...

I'm an experienced professional developer (12 years) who switched to working freelance/contractor 6 years ago. I'm half-interested in finding some part-time work alongside my current part-time contract, as much to add variety to my work as anything else.

I noticed GD lets me advertise as a contractor programmer but I have no idea if anyone is looking here for that kind of thing - an experienced developer charging professional rates - or the marketplace is more the place for indie projects looking for cheap resources? For one thing, I'm not super-comfortable charging a high rate to someone who is paying out of their life savings!

So I thought I'd ask, if any people in a similar position to me have got contract/freelance work through GD - there's obviously tons of top developers on the site?

I haven't tried on the classified but, I did get paid work on the old help wanted forum so no reason not to expect one or two people have got work through the classifieds.

One problem with the classifieds is that they are too hidden away. The old way at least some posts would make it on to the Top Posts section (sometimes for good reason but also sometimes bad) with the classifieds the ads are only seen by people who know its there.

I think a good solution would be to have a curated "hot jobs" section featured on the front page underneath the pic of the day.

Advertisement

I think a good solution would be to have a curated "hot jobs" section featured on the front page underneath the pic of the day.

We do share selected listings to our social media accounts, which can generate quite a bit of traffic.

Would people be interested in a semi-regular summary posted as a journal entry like Drew used to do with his "weekend reading" posts?

- Jason Astle-Adams

Sure, why not!

Are you in a position to give any feedback on my query regarding using the usefulness classifieds to find well-paying work, without violating any privacy rules?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement