Advertisement

New Game "Crawl"

Started by August 27, 2014 10:21 PM
7 comments, last by Ryder- 10 years ago
Has anyone seen this? I just found it on steam the other day, and was wondering if I should get it, although I'm kind of hesitant since it seems like it could get boring kinda quick. Could be a fun party game I guess. Seems more fitting for something like xbox arcade though.

link?

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

Advertisement

Crawl

ty im very lazy

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

From the few pages of the reviews I read, I didn't see a single negative one, but they were mostly from people with only a few hours played. I'm fairly tempted to buy it, but I don't have people in the house to play it with most of the time and the reviews said it's not nearly as fun single player.

That looks pretty cool. I'm a sucker for good local coop games, but probably will pass on this one, preferring coop vs competitive.

For other good local coop PC games, I've enjoyed:

Dungeon Defenders (it is DEFINITELY worth the price, I can say with confidence after 123 hours of coop play later. One of the best designed coop games I've ever played. Would pay $30-40, but only in hindsight! They released a slightly updated version that I haven't personally tried)

Shadow Grounds and Shadow Grounds: Survivor (I preferred the first one, personally. Played through it coop and beat it twice, and almost played it through on at least two other occasions. Probably spent about 40 hours on it. Would pay $15-20 for the first one)

Atom Zombie Smasher (not designed for coop, but supports it. Very fun, as long as you are playing with someone mature enough that you can work together. Played through it multiple times. I spent about 20 hours total on it)

Hammerwatch (Played this recently. Was fun, but not something I'd replay again and again. Worth a few bucks ($5), though)

Trine and Trine 2 (pretty fun; not something I'd replay though. Worth $10 to me. After beating the first one, it was one of those games that I was glad it was over. Wasn't interested in playing through Trine 2 cooperatively, but my coop partner was interested. Glad that *that* is finally checked off my 'games I never have to replay' checklist. Apparently they've updated Trine, so I had to link that to one instead of the original Trine)

Portal 2 (Really fun. The coop campaign is different from the singleplayer campaign, and the single player campaign is even better. Would pay $20-30 for the singleplayer campaign. Coop is a nice bonus though! For only the coop, I'd pay maybe $12-15)

Monaco (Fun. Not something I'd play heavily, but fun for a couple play sessions. Would pay $5)

Advertisement

I was expecting the system requirement to be: Pentium II 233Mhz, 16MB VRAM, 256 colors.

It was developed by two guys, I don't blame them for choosing low res pixel art. The animations look pretty good IMO, and are partly what attract me to it though.

To be honest, I wouldn't even consider the game if they used low res 3D art.

Haha... I thought this was going to be a thread about how a new game starts turning into something else, when further down the development road :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement