Advertisement

They Found The ET Dump Site

Started by April 29, 2014 11:46 PM
7 comments, last by RLS0812 10 years, 4 months ago

Over 30 years Atari was rumored to have dumped tens of thousands of unsold "ET" game cartridges in a New Mexico landfill.

3 days ago, a team of excavators found the location of the cartridges https://www.google.com/search?q=+They+Found+The+ET+Dump+Site

I am wondering what James Rolfe is thinking right now, as he is in the middle of the production of a movie of the same theme !

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

The angry video game nerd (AVGN) is doing a movie that involves this history about the et cartridges. Are they the ones who found it? Cant be coincidence.

-edit-

Oh, I see you already mentioned James ;D

Advertisement

I owned a ET and rather enjoyed it. Don't know why so many consider it one of the worse games made. This topic was on another site and only me and the OP bothered acknowledging it. James is probably loving it as it makes for great material.

man, i went into this thread with my conspiracy hat on....i feel very disappointed now.=-(

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
I didn't know it was ever rumour - it's always been trivia, fact... All of a sudden it's been demoted to rumour or urban-legend to make the event more exciting...

I owned a ET and rather enjoyed it. Don't know why so many consider it one of the worse games made.

I really liked the game when it came out, but I have to admit after playing it as an adult on an emulator that it was pretty terrible.
Advertisement

This is all happening in the town where I'm from, looks like I moved away 7 years too early :'(

My friend got a good video of it though:

I didn't know it was ever rumour - it's always been trivia, fact... All of a sudden it's been demoted to rumour or urban-legend to make the event more exciting...

Supposedly various Atari people have always denied it even after it didn't make sense to, but I've only heard of it as a bizarre fact, not a "legend".

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

I really liked the game when it came out, but I have to admit after playing it as an adult on an emulator that it was pretty terrible.

May just be nostalgia setting in for me. I always remember back to my childhood when I play it on emulators.

Last I looked, the "world record" for the game is 56 seconds to beat it.

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement