Advertisement

Space Ship Building & Simulation Games - Wow !

Started by January 08, 2014 08:31 AM
35 comments, last by RLS0812 10 years, 8 months ago

I really should sit down and make a serious attempt at getting into one of them some weekend. The only real memories i have of any of the titles was fiddling around learning the controls and getting no where.

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

There's always the X Series.

(Full disclosure: I worked on a few titles in that series.)

I've bought a bunch of them, and always wanted to really get into them... But it never happened. I never had enough enjoyment in the first few hours of play to keep me wanting to load up the game later. Not really sure why. Still might buy the latest few and give them a shot.

I played X3:TC for a few hours until I got fed up with the autopilot constantly crashing into shit while time acceleration is active (both my ship and my AI-controlled traders).

I was slightly tempted by X:Rebirth until I saw the metacritic score.
Advertisement

Maybe we should bug ApochPiQ to consider blending the X series with FTL style graphics and procedural generation.

If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

Maybe we should bug ApochPiQ to consider blending the X series with FTL style graphics and procedural generation.

+1. I'll help.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Added in Master Space to the list

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wing Commander series was cool, but I had the most fun with the "Privateer" spin-off that had a space-trader economy. Not fully satisfied with the depth, I recall awaiting with baited breath (for eons) BattleCruiser 3000AD. Needless to say that experience soured my taste for space for at least a decade.

3DSkyDome.com animated sky boxes and instant 3d Android & WebGL publishing.
Advertisement

Kerbal Space Program is just a delightful little game. I enjoyed every bit of it, from when I was first struggling to build a rocket that would even reach the upper limits of the atmosphere, to first achieving orbit, travelling to the Mun, soft landing and returning the Kerbals safely.

Wing Commander series was cool, but I had the most fun with the "Privateer" spin-off that had a space-trader economy.

Privateer 1 was an excellent game ... Privateer 2 removed all the "good" stuff from the game unsure.png

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

added several more games

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wait, why isn't discussion of Star Citizen getting tacked onto this thread? I wouldn't really expect people to have not heard of it yet, but on the off chance that someone hasn't...

One of, if not the largest, crowd funded games to date with some impressive names backing it. I backed it ages ago, and I'm looking forward to getting a larger apartment with room to set up my computer and a gaming chair with dedicated flight controls that lock in place so I can play the game more effectively.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement