Advertisement

What does your IDE look like?

Started by November 16, 2013 10:23 AM
53 comments, last by Chad Smith 10 years, 9 months ago

Im bored, so i decided to start this thread. I think it would be cool to see how your favorite IDE look like, mostly for the colors sheme, but also fonts, toolbars, addons, ect...

Personally, i like a black background, with bright lime fonts as default text color, i find that it's less straining on the eyes to have a dark background, instead of a white one, especially at night. The default blue for keyword look dim on black, so i changed it to red. Strings are easy to spot in yellow. Numbers are in red too (may make them orange instead later, not sure), and the operators are in white. If i could name it, i think i would be "The Christmas Theme" laugh.png .

I also love the Toggle Breakpoint button, much faster than going in the menu. I removed the toolbars i didn't like and replaced them with what i use most.

The only addon i have is something that restore the right-click drag n copy you could do with the mouse in older vs versions. (yes, you can do it holding some key on the keyboard, but it's really faster and better this way, cause you can copy stuffs around with only one hand, instead of both).

Here's a pic. (jpg screwed up the colors a bit, colors should be a little brighter...)

MyIDE.jpg

Thats mine when on the go.

VS2013 Dark Theme, Surface Pro Win8.1

Rescales when at home.

uR7iXsh.png

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Advertisement

It's not terribly exciting when I work. I come from a vt100-on-a-mainframe legacy, despite now doing graphics-intensive desktop work. Big greenscreens are all the IDE I need, but one editor window per source file (gvim) is good.

Anything more monolithic and insulating just gets in my way.

eiwxV25.png

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

@bregma: don't blink

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

I can't stand my IDE. I've spent more hours trying to get Eclipse to look nice than I care to count. I've downloaded plugins that theme part of Eclipse, but there's always spots they miss like the console tab or the text accidentally being the same colour as the background. Right now I just have the main window themed and left the rest as is. libGDX added better support for IntelliJ recently so I'm hoping to make the jump to that soon.

ide.png

Emerald green (using the ThemeManagerPackage extention), with visual assist

baGfuc1.png

Advertisement

Pastel colors, based on Railscasts Textmate theme.

Using VS2012 with Visual Assist X for most coding, Console2 for console stuff and Sublime Text as my text editor.

[attachment=18769:Untitled.png]

Why does everyone have a black background?

"Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris...even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do. "

Totally bland vanilla visual studio over here.

Why does everyone have a black background?

There's always a big argument between the two. Some think black backgrounds are easier on the eyes for extended reading/coding. Also, solarized looks fantabulous. Personally, I've never noticed a difference in terms of strain, and I generally just roll with the default for whatever editor I'm on.

So I'm two major versions behind, what do you want?

fa3t.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement