Advertisement

most enchantink coding adventures

Started by September 15, 2013 09:43 AM
1 comment, last by TheChubu 11 years ago

This topic may be eventually hard to answer, this is question of

some enchanting coding adwentures

In my life coding is mostly somewhat interesting activity (half interesting (fascinating) half hard tiresome and sick making - but there are some moments which are more enchanting than the other ones,

Do you remembers such moment what it was? For me it was some small adventures where some outcome of my coding seemed to be interesting to me, a couple of such results, nothing complete - I remember one of my first toyings with opengl when I do some terrain to fly above were in some way enchanting, what else - some small experiments with software rasterization - making my game prototypes used to be encahnting to but maybe less becouse I usually cannot acheive such good visual effect I would like to get - but in general some enchanting momments can do eppear sometimes.

(sorry should be 'enchanting' in the title,)

I've been working on caveman full / overtime for 21 months straight now. i'm so busy developing, i never really get a chance to play around with it much, just test stuff. but every now and again, i'll be testing something, and i'll stop for a second and look at the game, and say to myself "Wow! I made this!". and then i get right back to work! <g>.

Norm Barrows

Rockland Software Productions

"Building PC games since 1989"

rocklandsoftware.net

PLAY CAVEMAN NOW!

http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php

Advertisement

I also really liked the first time I rendered a heightmap with OpenGL. I toyed with that a lot.

I also like my current terrain generator project, I'm pretty sure I tackled head on a paper that I obviously didn't had enough experience to implement, thus I learned a lot :D

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement