Advertisement

Satellite Reign - An unfortunate name?

Started by August 10, 2013 08:28 PM
5 comments, last by DareDeveloper 11 years, 1 month ago

Hi all,

does anybody else think Satellite Reign looks really promising but the name might be a little unfortunate?

I almost missed it ... mainly the fact that it will be a Syndicate / Syndicate Wars successor (truer than the new Syndicate thinggie).

Didn't event see the Kickstarter Campaign until it was over (pledged on the homepage, though).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5livesstudios/satellite-reign

Who has the game on the radar? Who isn't interested?

Who didn't have it on the radar and is interested? Other thoughts?

I particularly like the tech video with the reflections ...

#at=60

... but maybe that is because I have not played many recent games and am easily impressed. smile.png

Given enough eyeballs, all mysteries are shallow.

MeAndVR

Who has the game on the radar? Who isn't interested?

I pledged while it was running, mostly because of the pretty pictures. Then again, I seem to back a lot of random games on kickstarter.

If you are interested in kickstarter games, I highly suggest browsing the full list once in a while. There have been a number of gems lately.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Advertisement

does anybody else think Satellite Reign looks really promising but the name might be a little unfortunate?

Curious... what is unfortunate about the name? They don't have any IP rights to Syndicate so they can't use that.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

I've never heard of it before, but I'm now going to follow it as close as I can. I really loved both of the syndicate games.

I don't find the name unfortunate.

Yeah I pledged, "because Syndicate" biggrin.png.

The industry in Australia is very incestuous, with almost everyone being at least a second degree connection, so I came across it from a Facebook-friend re-posting the kickstarter link from a friend-of-a-friend who's working on it.

Most of these kickstarter projects don't have much marketing money, and really rely on word of mouth and a little bit of free press in order to reach their supporters.

As above, they can't legally use the "Syndicate" name, so I'm not sure how bad "Satellite Reign" is considering that...

I particularly like the tech video with the reflections ...

#at=60

Oh cool, I didn't know Bruno Rime was involved. I've worked with him on special effects and shaders before, and he is amazingly good at it.

I guess something is getting lost in translation for me. What's the problem with the name?

Previously "Krohm"

Advertisement

Maybe (or more like apparently) it is just me, but satellite sounds like boring Sci-Fi somehow. I guess I think of television / broadcasting.

The two words together just don't really pop for me. It doesn't have a ring to it like Syndicate or Jurassic Park or Star Wars ... hope you get the idea.

When I went through the list of Kickstarter games I didn't take a closer look at the game for that reason.

It wasn't until I read about it in a magazine that I realized what it is about.

Oh cool, I didn't know Bruno Rime was involved. I've worked with him on special effects and shaders before, and he is amazingly good at it.

Damn, so envious right now smile.png

Given enough eyeballs, all mysteries are shallow.

MeAndVR

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement