Advertisement

Wanna get intro Dungeons and Dragons role playing, wherE?

Started by July 25, 2013 10:31 AM
10 comments, last by Dragonsoulj 11 years, 1 month ago

Hello.

I recently stumbled on Dungeons and Dragons role playing videos and i just loved it.

I would like to get intro playing with others and i am wondering is there a site or forums or anything i can get to contact with somebody doing this kind of things so i get intro this kind of stuff because id just love it.

I am really fluent in English language and i speak it without "much" flaws so going on Skype or other comm network is fine.

Also if somebody knows a good rulebook to suggest because i just played allot of DnD games never did it real life so id like to refresh on knowledge.

Hoping for best, Bane Trapper.

you could see d20 SRD which has the base rules and a lot of monsters

http://www.d20srd.org/

otherwise buy the rulebook, DM handbook and player handbooks

Advertisement

Hello.

I recently stumbled on Dungeons and Dragons role playing videos and i just loved it.

I would like to get intro playing with others and i am wondering is there a site or forums or anything i can get to contact with somebody doing this kind of things so i get intro this kind of stuff because id just love it.

I am really fluent in English language and i speak it without "much" flaws so going on Skype or other comm network is fine.

Also if somebody knows a good rulebook to suggest because i just played allot of DnD games never did it real life so id like to refresh on knowledge.

Hoping for best, Bane Trapper.

I wouldn't buy the rulebooks yet. See if you can get into a game where you live and then buy books after you've actually played once or twice. Try checking if your city has a subreddit associated with it and ask there maybe. Otherwise see if there's any board/tabletop gaming groups in your community as they usually overlap with dnd groups.

Honestly having hard time finding a forum for a online party...

Look for stores that specialize in tabletop role-playing/miniatures. They will often have a bulletin board (a thing that actually hangs on the wall) with info, sometimes they will play games in the store.

The Four Horsemen of Happiness have left.

I second a game store to find other players. There are also forums where tabletop fans hang out, though I don't know of any centered on D&D offhand.

For rule books you can try a used book store. The ones near me tend to have a pretty good selection of tabletop books, dirt cheap compared to the list price.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

Advertisement

Look for stores that specialize in tabletop role-playing/miniatures. They will often have a bulletin board (a thing that actually hangs on the wall) with info, sometimes they will play games in the store.

Oh it would be nice if something like that existed without needing to travel to any mayor towns (5-6h ride to closest one with something like that).

I live in a desolated place so to say, its a small town and to approximate how small we have 3-5 shops that are small(bread, some drinks, some spices and toilet paper that is it) and 1 big one having most stuff required for living civilized for rich people in town.

Going around some libraries and asking if anyone was asking around for tabletop games, and most of them gave me the look (wtf, are you talking about)...

+1 for 3rd world country!

Anyway going to mayor towns would require for me to skip job for few days, and knowing the winter is few months away in my area i want to work max hours in order to stock up money for it since jobs around here at winter are scare...

Thank you on the responds, much appreciated!

Oh it would be nice if something like that existed without needing to travel to any mayor towns (5-6h ride to closest one with something like that).

I live in a desolated place so to say, its a small town and to approximate how small we have 3-5 shops that are small(bread, some drinks, some spices and toilet paper that is it) and 1 big one having most stuff required for living civilized for rich people in town.

Going around some libraries and asking if anyone was asking around for tabletop games, and most of them gave me the look (wtf, are you talking about)...

+1 for 3rd world country!

Anyway going to mayor towns would require for me to skip job for few days, and knowing the winter is few months away in my area i want to work max hours in order to stock up money for it since jobs around here at winter are scare...

Thank you on the responds, much appreciated!

That sounds like a crappy situation as far as DnD is concerned :/

You might be SOL unless you want to try finding a group that does it online, though I have no experience with that.

edit: you've probably already checked, but did you look at wizards or the coast? http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Feature.aspx?x=new/findagame

Never looked into it, but I know that there are people that run on-line Pathfinder (an offshoot of D20/D&D 3.5e, which may or may not be your cup of tea) campaigns, there are even applications made for this kind of play.

You can poke around at the Paizo messageboards for info: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards

Well why don't we use this thread to build a group? I'd be interested in playing or dming, don't have the books but played a bunch of times. I'd also be down for some vampire masquerade!

Feel free to add me on Skype my nick is the same as here.
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement