Advertisement

Need Friends for learning game development.

Started by July 24, 2013 11:34 AM
3 comments, last by Brick 11 years, 1 month ago

Hey guys.

I joined GameDev preferably because I like games and since after having a fair number of good games , I think making games is my thing. I have taken up an Introductory C++ course in my first semester and also kind of enjoy programming . I am somewhat mediocre at sketching and art , but

can imagine and since I am learning .... I think I can manage .

Well I have tried going One Man Army in my school project of DxBall (well my first game ;) ) but I think your learning and productivity increases with friends .... Anybody up for starting game development anew ??? It'd be great to have friends ( to chat and all smile.png ). So GameDev freshies (and seniors), anybody up ???

The hardest part of making a Break Out clone is the math for the Angle Of Reflection .

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Advertisement

I'm interested. But I'm afraid I might don't have the time to a lot of time doing learning together and doing stuff. Its still up to you, though. Plus, I can't find anyone locally, and good learning + developing experience comes with teamwork. So I guess finding a learning partner here is good.

Well, you came to the right place :D. Your off to a good start, c++ is a good language to learn for professional game development, however, c# or java are also good languages to learn as well. There are a lot of people who can help you out here. I can help as well, however i'm still learning too o~o

View my game dev blog here!

If I were you I would try to start a student-led club at your school for game development (like me). It's really fun and you get to learn and teach at the same time.

As for outside of school you've definitely come to the right place. This website is a lot more helpful to game developers than one would think (particuarly in the "Community" section).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement