Advertisement

Unreal tournament 4 (UT2014)

Started by April 19, 2013 10:47 AM
3 comments, last by RivieraKid 11 years, 5 months ago

Hi all!

I was wondering if any of you have heard any news about the next Unreal tournament game? I was surprised that there was no announcement with the UE4 release at GDC 2013...

I was a big fan of ut2k4 but they killed the series stone dead with UT3.

It was really a step backwards in terms of gameplay brought about by the desire to slow the gameplay for console controllers and listening to a vocal minority who wanted more UT99 gameplay. The majority of happy silent players wanted more outlandish innovative gameplay i.e. More aerial combat (and more space combat which they experimented with in ut2k4). Boats would have been a good addition. As you can see BF3 is doing extremely well which shows there is still a market for this style of gameplay but perhaps the futuristic setting doesn't appeal to most people.

UT2k4 was the king of highly skilled twitch gameplay and I would like it back.

Advertisement

UT2k4 was the king of highly skilled twitch gameplay and I would like it back.

Yup.
void hurrrrrrrr() {__asm sub [ebp+4],5;}

There are ten kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

It was really a step backwards in terms of gameplay brought about by the desire to slow the gameplay for console controllers and listening to a vocal minority who wanted more UT99 gameplay.

UT99 was slow? Since when?

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

It was really a step backwards in terms of gameplay brought about by the desire to slow the gameplay for console controllers and listening to a vocal minority who wanted more UT99 gameplay.

UT99 was slow? Since when?

slower.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement