Advertisement

How is the proper way to quote?

Started by April 19, 2013 10:14 AM
3 comments, last by jbadams 11 years, 5 months ago

Every time i use the quote toolbar thing it only says "Quote:" instead of "xyz, on 17 Apr 2013 - 19:06, said:"

Why is that?

EDIT: lol, i meant to say: *What* is the proper way to quote, but whatever...

ohmy.png I just noticed the "Selective Quote" button... is that why?

EDIT2: lawl, look like i just answered my own stupid question... well thx anyway. delete this post if u wish.

The quote button in the post toolbar is for creating arbitrary quote boxes, perhaps from a third party site, a famous saying, or even just for humourous effect. To get your desired behaviour, you must use the "MultiQuote", "Quote" or "Selective Quote" buttons on the individual posts themselves.

Advertisement

While where at it, how does the multiquote work? Is it just like selective quote but with quote(s) selected in the selected text?

While where at it, how does the multiquote work? Is it just like selective quote but with quote(s) selected in the selected text?

have you pushed the buttons and actually tried using them? It's pretty straight forward.

edit: this is under the assumption that your browser is working correctly.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Multiquote allows you to quote multiple posts in one go: toggle the button on each post, hit the reply button (it doesn't work with the quick reply box, you need to actually press the button for the full reply page), and you'll have all of the posts quoted and ready for you to add your reply.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement