Advertisement

Boston Marathon, a terror act

Started by April 15, 2013 09:32 PM
100 comments, last by Promit 11 years, 4 months ago

That's pretty crazy shit. Closing an entire city, telling people NOT to go to work and drive, cops everywhere, that must be the first time i see that in my entire life. Does it hapenned elsewhere before? Im from canada so i dont know, here nothing bad ever happen, small town of 2000 habitants lol... streets look like this ALL the time.

SiCrane, on 19 Apr 2013 - 17:06, said:
How am I putting words in your mouth? You implied Obama never provided his birth certificate. Your exact words, which I even quoted in my post:

Ravyne, on 19 Apr 2013 - 15:28, said:
The whole hub-bub could have been avoided by simply providing the birth certificate.

He implied that Obama never provided his birth certificate until 2011 (or whenever it was), not as part of a conspiracy theory, but saying that it could've been handled better by releasing it earlier. It was pointed out that it was released earlier, and Ravyne admitted that he wasn't aware of that. Or, at least that's how I interpret this sentence:

I couldn't have told you whether it was ever actually provided or not, but...

Meaning, he didn't know whether it was actually provided (earlier than 2011 or whenever) or not, but that specific conspiracy theory wasn't the point he was trying to make, nor did he believe Obama was not a citizen, and that it was just an example.

Yes. Thank you.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Advertisement

They're also big on the "vaccines cause mental retardation" thing.

So is FOX tongue.png They belong in the same category as InfoWars. Seriously, everyone I know in treats FOX as comedy.

But as long as they continue to fit the legal definition of 'journalists', then they should be treated as such.

Meaning, he didn't know whether it was actually provided (earlier than 2011 or whenever) or not, but that specific conspiracy theory wasn't the point he was trying to make, nor did he believe Obama was not a citizen, and that it was just an example.

So let me get this straight. He tried to argue a case that he was completely unqualified to comment on due to deliberate attempts to remain ignorant on the topic, thus repeating an accusation that is utterly disconnected with reality, all in an attempt to show that we should treat all members of the media equally despite previous evidence regarding lack of professionalism? And despite this deliberate, self inflicted ignorance on the topic, he still finds it insulting that someone regards it as thoroughly irrational that he would say that the president should show his birth certificate despite having done so multiple times, with multiple independent sources verifying the release?

Sorry, but if you repeat lunatic accusations out of ignorance rather than belief, you still have no legitimate complaint about people telling you that you sound like a lunatic. And trying to treat a question that even the lunatics have given up on as legitimate is not an effective argument for treating unprofessional members of the press as equal to the professional members. If anything, it's a potent demonstration of why we should hold the media to professional standards.

So Martin Richard an eight years old boy die and many people get hurt from this cruel act and then this is what the thread turns into? Come on guys, really?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education"

Albert Einstein

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education"

Albert Einstein

As fun as this argument is I think a more important point here is that the Czech Republic embassy had to issue a statement explaining they aren't Chechnya.

O really? Can they provide a birth certificate to prove it?

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

Advertisement

As fun as this argument is I think a more important point here is that the Czech Republic embassy had to issue a statement explaining they aren't Chechnya.

O really? Can they provide a birth certificate to prove it?
Well played sir, well played!

They're also big on the "vaccines cause mental retardation" thing.

So is FOX tongue.png They belong in the same category as InfoWars. Seriously, everyone I know in treats FOX as comedy.

But as long as they continue to fit the legal definition of 'journalists', then they should be treated as such.

My first three results from fox news on vaccines all state there is no risk. I'd like some proof of your claim that Fox endorses this position. Thanks in advance :)

"You can't say no to waffles" - Toxic Hippo

My first three results from fox news on vaccines all state there is no risk.

My

">first
">three
#!">results
say the opposite. I think your google search is falling victim to their PR cleanup attempts.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

That's pretty crazy shit. Closing an entire city, telling people NOT to go to work and drive, cops everywhere, that must be the first time i see that in my entire life. Does it hapenned elsewhere before? Im from canada so i dont know, here nothing bad ever happen, small town of 2000 habitants lol... streets look like this ALL the time.

The show of force was a bit excessive, yes.

You got local, state, and federal departments all in one spot, all armed for war.
Just to capture a 19 year-old nutcase with a shotgun.

Just how many trucks of tatical army men do you need to get this weeny guy?

Unless you're a dictator of a country, I don't see how one person can start a war with an entire country, but apparently, this guy has done just that. Pretty crazy or pretty sad, depending on how you look at it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement