Advertisement

Looking for games about Starship command

Started by October 22, 2012 01:01 AM
12 comments, last by Geoffrey 11 years, 10 months ago

Oh, by the by - you'll likely want to look into the freeware port of SC2 as well.

That's what I did, as I wasn't quite sure I wanted to pay for it, unknowingly of whether the game would fit my criterias.
Thanks for pointing it out though!
On second thought, this isn't quite the type of game I was after. The crew management component is merely using a number. Crew is considered a metric of survivability basically, and you're not exactly managing them into efficient positions, etc.
Advertisement
I've played quite a bit of Artemis. It sucks. After the first hour, there is no challenge left. You start to just do ridiculous things to come up with harder things to do.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

OK, this is what sprung to mind:

FTL (mentioned previously) - indie game about ship and crew management, but mostly combat

Artemis (also mentioned previously) - why control a virtual crew when you could invite five real friends round to play?

Starflight - classic space exploration

Elite II - explore, trade, fight, and learn why realistic space physics in games is a bad idea! I recommend the JJFFE bug fixed version of Frontier: First Encounters

Starfleet Command - tactical starship combat, more about maneuvers and power management than crew but it certainly has depth
The Trouble With Robots - www.digitalchestnut.com/trouble

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement