Advertisement

DTAM, Kinect, meshing

Started by August 14, 2012 02:57 PM
4 comments, last by kakarot89 12 years, 1 month ago
companies like reconstruct me and matter port have come out recently, as i'm sure most of you are aware.

matterport has failed to bring high-fidelity maps to their customers in real-time without pushing things to the cloud, and i know it's because of meshing. reconstructme is only model acquisition.

how do you guys feel about these companies?

bonus:
any ideas as to which technique they're using, or a list of techniques for standard meshing/triangulation?

EDIT: removed the links, ninja advertising :o
I feel like this is ninja advertising.
Advertisement
If it's advertising, it's poor advertising, since the OP seems to be pointing out deficiencies in the linked companies' products.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

debate = advertising? i was starting a conversation, but thanks for your interest and replies.

debate = advertising? i was starting a conversation, but thanks for your interest and replies.

It happens quite frequently. Post questions/open discussion on little known tech startups on relevant forums in the hopes that people who might find it relevant to what they're doing will learn about the product.

That's why many forums strip links from posts like the OP.

edit: the fact that you appear to have created your account to start this discussion and your only active posts are in this discussion also led me to believe that.
i can see where you were coming from, i apologize for the abruptness.

long time lurker, haven't posted before. i was just curious on the techniques, really.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement