Advertisement

Hi Everyone

Started by July 23, 2012 06:31 PM
16 comments, last by capn_midnight 12 years, 1 month ago

Welcome back.

We did have a community contest a little while back - with a theme of "kraken". Were you around then?

No, just missed it.

[quote name='capn_midnight' timestamp='1343068261' post='4962321']
About to get on the Kickstarter bandwagon.

Lol - bandwagon. It's more like its own f*cking continent at this point. dry.png But curious anyway: details?
[/quote]
Children's book I'm illustrating. Gonna do a traditional art approach with it that gets compossitted together in a manner similar to some of Ashley Wood's animation work. Won't be the same art style at all, just the same sort of tech of traditional paintings digitally layered and parallax scrolled against each other.

[quote name='capn_midnight' timestamp='1343105145' post='4962491']
[quote name='alnite' timestamp='1343090509' post='4962427']
Welcome Back!

[quote name='capn_midnight' timestamp='1343068261' post='4962321']
I made a Tetris Arm Wrestling game.

How does that work?
[/quote]

Well, start by writing a normal two-player, head-to-head Tetris game. I did all original code, all of the graphics, and had a friend record music for it (which you can hear in the video). Then build a rig out of wood to hold bumpers that close switches whenever the players move their arms back and forth in the middle. Take apart a standard keyboard and follow the traces for all of the keys back to the tiny PCB that does all the work for the keyboard (there are two traces per key). Figure out which pins on the PCB correspond to which keys on the keyboard, then solder wires from those pins to switches inside your bumpers in your rig. And there you have it!
[/quote]

How does the control scheme work though ?, is it left/right with the bumpers and rotate on a separate button ?
[/quote]
correct. It's actually one bumper (though two physical buttons, both actuated at the same time with the one bumper) for P1's left and P2's right, so progress for yourself screws up your opponent. The hardest fights turned out to be maintaining the middle ground versus intentionally screwing up your opponent. The flip and drop buttons are two separate buttons. Added wrinkle: you have to let go of the leverage bar in order to hit them >:D

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

midnight, I remeber you. I am a long term registered here too. But lately I have gonne to the forums drunk and made relly imbecile posts. My reputation is a think now :). Also, mostly I came here for help, but I allways encounter such impossible behaviour no one can halp me, plus, when I try to help someone, I tell him whats wrong , but not about what he apointed the problem at. Else then that, I have done this. (Actualy.finshed programs cannot compare to those dreamy ones being cooked by us love coders)

- asp .net server, with features like load balancing
- PCIS - information system program that handles time
- Tale of Anroth - will be finished soon, an action meele combat game, I hope to evolve to adventure RPG

... I am going for a Job to Prague (you should visit Prague), it will help me to get money for the game, as I need to hire motion capture studio and such
Advertisement
@JohnnyCode: you wouldn't happen to be drunk now, would you?
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

@JohnnyCode: you wouldn't happen to be drunk now, would you?

Thats very offtopic....... but to be honest (actualy, sometimes in my office I have few drinks before I go to city to party, becouse I am still counting money). But that's just me, hi capn_midnight again, you do not recognize me perhaps but you have been of much help.
Hi!
So glad to see drunk posting still occurs.

But what's up with the posting rate here? This place seems like deadsville.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Advertisement

But what's up with the posting rate here? This place seems like deadsville.

S095193_origi.jpg

Edit: my rep just seems so absurdly high for my non helpful being
Sleeping walruses?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement