Advertisement

Current Fantasy MMORPGs?

Started by June 08, 2012 01:05 AM
6 comments, last by Dragonsoulj 12 years, 3 months ago
Krikey, Google gives me a phone book of sites written in Engrish, or that omit titles I know exist and are still current, etc.

Can someone recommend me some games, or a good list, or maybe a site with a good MMO search engine? I'm looking for good, current fantasy MMORPGs. Preferably short on wonky Anime stuff (Lodoss not counting as wonky here :P), though eastern influences and settings are okay, and I'm more looking for western styles. Pretty graphics preferred. If I could choose PnP RPG settings to turn into MMOs, they'd be stuff like WFRP, D&D (Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Kara-Tur, Mystara, Dark Sun), Vampire The Dark Ages, Conan, WFRP, Cthulhu Dark Ages, Freeport, etc.

I already know about DDO, Conan, and WoW, but beyond that they're probably new to me.
There's always this :-D

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Advertisement
http://www.mmorpg.com/ is a good site for looking into basically all known MMORPGs.

Good man.

Also, Aion just went F2P - it's not amazing, but it's fun if you don't try to take it too seriously. Who doesn't love wings?
If I didn't mind wasting my hours away instead of being productive, I would go back to playing Lineage II which was a lot of fun (biased, it being my first MMO). It's become F2P with the latest update.
So far Vindictus and TERA look pretty good.
Advertisement

It doesn't have a release date yet >:|

Despite me giving you my money already...

So far Vindictus and TERA look pretty good.

TERA I heard had great combat, but it's quests were super repetitive and the story was really flat. I think it got like a 6 on IGN because of it?

View PostApochPiQ, on 07 June 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:
It doesn't have a release date yet >:|

Be that as it may, there is still a first one. ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement