Advertisement

My "Development" blog

Started by May 04, 2012 03:59 PM
6 comments, last by slayemin 12 years, 4 months ago
I have a blog I run that tracks my progress in learning C#. It's more of homework than anything for me, but I would appreciate if some would check it out.

I also dicsuss thoughts about programming so it would be cool if people would check it out.

mycodingjournal.tumblr.com
I couldn’t work on C# today in EAST Like I had planned due to my teacher being a total bitch. So I didn’t get to look at much considering I had work this evening. Now it’s 11:32 PM and my girlfriend hasn’t texted back since 4:30. My friends have pretty much abandoned all efforts to hang out with me due to me working EVERY FUCKING FRIDAY.[/quote]

Writing like this basically ensures that I will never bother to read the rest of your work. If you want to vent about life's daily dilemmas in colorful and nonprofessional language, it's better to do so in a private medium.
Advertisement
Hmm, and I thought my sournal was full of shit (okay, edited the 'portfolio entry')

Sorry to say that. You just seem like a whiner, and nobody likes whiners.
Yeah I'll make sure i dont do that anymore. I'll keep it strictly programming and about my progress. Thanks for at least reading it and giving me feedback!
Like the others have said, I'd avoid posts that are pretty much diary entires.

"I am at lunch. After lunch I have class. Class is good because I get to do stuff," is pretty boring. Most blogs are interesting because they have something to say, not because they say everything. Look at coding horror or joel on software for examples. I guess even penny arcade for non-code related blogging.
It's good, that you edited the post. It is very important to be avare that everything you do/post on the internet will be visible for the world. Posts like this (just like posting awkward pictures) will work against you if you'll look for jobs/contracts/teams-to-join/etc.

Your blog actually seems to be boring, since it's just another dev-blog (and only a very few dev-blogs are intereting IMHO, and most of them are about a specific, and "big" project), but it can be very valuable in the future (since it's boring, I see this as the only purpose of your blog).

What I'm trying to say, a dev-blog like this is only good, but very good for job seeking, so don't spoil it. Maybe you do it anonymously, but then it's just pointless.
Advertisement
Well, I have stated that it's mainly homework. But it's stupid of me to think i'm not doing it for people to see it. I want people to like it ya know and want to follow my progress and posts. I tried to make it relate to me with the "diary entry" posts and thought that might make it more interesting. I'll try and think of something. As of right now no one really reads it as it is so i'll have some time to figure things out.

Thanks for criticizing it without being jerks! really helps me out!
It'd be much more interesting to me if you invented something new, discovered an awesome technique that I could use, or had a innovative way of solving some troublesome problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement