Advertisement

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Started by May 02, 2012 10:44 AM
5 comments, last by KymikoLoco 12 years, 4 months ago
So if you haven't already seen the trailer, watch here:

Looks like the next COD will be set in the future. Personally I am hugely excited by this, I love sci-fi games and have been waiting for a sci-fi COD since WaW. It also looks like Treyarch are shaking up the traditional COD formula a bit with vehicle combat, drones, and some kind of tactical strategy single-player mode.

Also, the main villains appear to be Anonymous, or something similar.

Looks like the next COD will be set in the future. Personally I am hugely excited by this, I love sci-fi games and have been waiting for a sci-fi COD since WaW. It also looks like Treyarch are shaking up the traditional COD formula a bit with vehicle combat, drones, and some kind of tactical strategy single-player mode.

Also, the main villains appear to be Anonymous, or something similar.

Treyarch has done vehicle combat since CoD 3 I think.

It looks alright, but I'm confused why they would make a trailer focused on a dude's face when their face animations suck. They could have kept the same voice over and just had more gameplay; it would have looked much better.
Advertisement
You know, I read this article about the stunning new graphics in BlackOps II, and my first though was: 'where?'

Is it just me, or does it not look as graphically polished as MW3?

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

How many times can they sucker people into buying the same game over and over?
I personally couldn't care less about the graphics. Since all graphics seem to be a moot point when up against PC games, why go down that path?

How about the gameplay comments from that article? Rifle that can see and shoot through walls? Campers beware. The difference between any other COD and Black Ops 2 seems to be the moldable story. As in, the end is actually affected by how well you do in the game. And it seems to no longer be a 'cinematic' game, where the linearity is the story.

I'm excited for it, if only because Black Ops is my FPS of choice right now. Treyarch seems to want to raise the bar on their games, instead of rehashing the same tired formula.

How many times can they sucker people into buying the same game over and over?

We will see if it is the same game, right now it is too early. But, I'm already going to go ahead and assume you only watched the trailer, and didn't read any previews about it. If you're talking about just FPS mechanics, then of *course* it's going to be an FPS. It's just a different experience, better balance, new toys, etc.

How about the gameplay comments from that article? Rifle that can see and shoot through walls? Campers beware. The difference between any other COD and Black Ops 2 seems to be the moldable story. As in, the end is actually affected by how well you do in the game. And it seems to no longer be a 'cinematic' game, where the linearity is the story.

This interests me, but I doubt it will be pulled off the way anyone would like it to be. History would indicate that anyway. I don't think any game has had a satisfactory moldable ending.
Advertisement

This interests me, but I doubt it will be pulled off the way anyone would like it to be.

Likewise, people may not play it as 'intended,' but telling someone they are playing a game wrong is a floggable offense :) This game I may ACTUALLY play through the campaign more than once, especially if they have a coop campaign.

And their 'Strike Force' mode seems to at least break up the monotony, especially if you want a change from the normal game mode.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement