Advertisement

Need help with ,dat file/importing into max 2012

Started by February 13, 2012 09:36 AM
2 comments, last by FlightSim 12 years, 7 months ago
I have a racing game on my computer. The car fiiles are .dat and I cannot for the life of me get them into max. I've used various capture software and when it does (rarely) capture the model and not crash, the model is so far skewed.

Regardless, some of you are very talented and all I would need is the models and textures in a max format. I can do the rest.

Also, I believe the files are AES encrypted.

If you can sucessfully get the model and textures out for me to render, it can lead to multiple projects as there are several cars in the game I'd like to be able to render with my custom paints.

I don't have a ton of money to offer, but i'd be able to offer something for your time.
anyone?
Advertisement
The file extension ".dat" is used by umpteen different applications for all sorts of different data formats. If it's a game file, then the format is most likely specific to that game -- so instead of looking for a "dat importer", you should be looking for a "<insert game here> importer".

Without knowing what game you're trying to steal assets from, there's no way anyone can help you, except maybe warn you that using ripped assets publicly is potentially copyright infringement tongue.png
Ok, I get what you're saying.

Now, If I were to provide a template for this car, is there anyway you could UVWrap it or reverse engineer it exactly?

I would just need the cars body. Chassis and tire's are not important.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement