Advertisement

Did You Attend Any Sessions at #AltDevConf?

Started by February 12, 2012 11:50 PM
8 comments, last by markadrake 12 years, 6 months ago
I thought this thread would be good to share highlights from #AltDevConf. That way if you didn't get the chance to attend a session or any at all, you can read everybody's thoughts and what they took away.

My experience was great! I attended:
Mark A. Drake
OnSlaught Games
Mark Drake
Shame on you guys :/ I was hoping somebody attended the other sessions and could discuss some key points from the presentations! I guess I'll have to wait for them to put the video recordings online.
Mark A. Drake
OnSlaught Games
Mark Drake
Advertisement
I really wanted to attend, but "life happened" this weekend. I am looking forward to the video recordings. In fact, some of them have started to surface:

Mike Acton's "Game Tools as Webapp" https://gist.github.com/1812029

I really wanted to attend, but "life happened" this weekend. I am looking forward to the video recordings. In fact, some of them have started to surface:

I was in a similar situation. I think in part I didn't really try to fit it in expecting them to be readily available after the conference itself.
Thanks for the link gfx!
Mark A. Drake
OnSlaught Games
Mark Drake
Hey foks,
We're working on getting the videos together, but it is 25hrs of footage we need to gather up, monkey about with, check for errors, post-process a little bit etcetc. Unfortunately it's not something we can just slam straight up online, and we're having to coordinate with a couple of speakers to get sections of their presentations re-recorded. It all takes time, but we're working on it!

The only session I managed to sit in on was Ian Schreiber's "Game Over! Exit Strategies for Persistent Games" which was really great! Apart from that I was working across the conference for the rest of the time and didn't have chance to take in the sessions I was coordinating. I've heard some really good things about Evangeline Marzec's "Intro to Producing for Mobile" session, but really, like the rest of you, I am looking forward to getting to sit down and actually watch all the videos!

I can't tell you how much we appreciate the reaction we've had from the community - it's been incredibly intense and made all the hours we poured into making it happen very worthwhile! Please bear with us while we get through these wrap-up things!

Cheers,
Luke
Advertisement
I was looking forward to it, and then forgot all weekend... Still very much looking forward to it appearing on YouTube biggrin.png
I attended
- Accelerating Game Physics for Heterogeneous CPUs & GPUs by Erwin Coumans
- Real Time Area Lighting – Now and Next by Sam Martin
- PowerVR Hardware Architecture and Application Performance Guidelines by Gordon MacLauchlan
- Dynamic Global Illumination by Wolfgang Engel and Tim Martin

For me the most interesting was the game physics on the gpu, the area lighting and global illumination were also very interesting but I had no former experience in that field so a few things went over my head :)

But I really enjoyed it!!!
Bump, because the videos have been uploaded:
http://altdevblogaday.com/2012/02/27/altdevconf-session-videos/
Thanks Hodgman
Mark A. Drake
OnSlaught Games
Mark Drake

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement