Advertisement

Valve has released an app for Steam!

Started by January 31, 2012 03:13 PM
17 comments, last by Luckless 12 years, 7 months ago
I can not tell you how long I've been waiting for this, but Valve has finally released an app for Steam! You can even buy video games straight from your phone! What do all of you think about this new app?! biggrin.png
*yawn*
Advertisement
yea.... but can i play the game on my phone? if not, then I could of just gone to their website to buy their games if I was in that much of a rush to play that I couldn't afford the extra minute it takes to purchase the game once I get home.....

yea.... but can i play the game on my phone? if not, then I could of just gone to their website to buy their games if I was in that much of a rush to play that I couldn't afford the extra minute it takes to purchase the game once I get home.....

That's not the part that interests me. I can now contact my steam friends from my phone! Most of which are real life friends so it's actually super awesome for me!
I just really wish they would do a linux based steam-friends client. I would love to be able to easily get messages from friends while I'm working on stuff in another OS.

Actually bringing Steam and games to Linux would be amazing, but sadly I'm not expecting that to happen any time soon.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

[quote name='The_Neverending_Loop' timestamp='1328028296' post='4908063']

That's not the part that interests me. I can now contact my steam friends from my phone! Most of which are real life friends so it's actually super awesome for me!
[/quote]

Oh okay than thats kinda nifty
Advertisement

[/quote]

Wow, that's amazing! It's about time phones gave you a way to contact people you know.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX

Wow, that's amazing! It's about time phones gave you a way to contact people you know.

Yeah, because you know, the guy on the other end always has access to a phone, and is always a local call away.

One of the major points for why Steamfriends-chat exists is so that you can use it from within the games, and not have to switch to another program. (Which some games do NOT play nice with.)
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

[quote name='SteveDeFacto' timestamp='1328036175' post='4908112']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know many of their numbers and as Luckless said most are not local. Plus it's basically free texting for PC gamer nerds now.

Plus it's basically free texting for PC gamer nerds now.

The whole five of you who don't already pay ridiculous sums every month for unlimited texts.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement