Advertisement

How often do you doubt yourself?

Started by November 09, 2011 10:19 AM
12 comments, last by Instigator 12 years, 10 months ago
I don't understand the question... but that's because I'm the most awesome human to have ever lived and will ever live!

(I've also got an ego which can't be measured except on a galactic scale....)
(I might also be a little crazy....)
I wouldn't say that I doubt myself, but I would say I am highly critical of everything I do.

If you aren't questioning whether you can do something better, you will improve at it.
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
Advertisement

I wouldn't say that I doubt myself, but I would say I am highly critical of everything I do.

If you aren't questioning whether you can do something better, you will improve at it.

And really I think this is the key. I haven't been in the workforce full time yet, but in my internship and my hobbies, I question my code; thinking how could I make it more flexible and such. No matter what I write, I always have a feeling as if it could be done better( which it probably could). That mentality leads me to write better code, which on some rare occasions, I look at and think how did I pull this out off. Writing good code is a continuing process, you write code, criticize it, rewrite code, criticize it agin, then rewrite it and repeat until you or your boss is satisfied. But that cycle thats in there will eventually get smaller and smaller because you will eventually gain experience which leads you to make better decision initially. Just stick through it and ASK QUESTIONS. Don't hesitate to ask question. This is really important!
Edge cases will show your design flaws in your code!
Visit my site
Visit my FaceBook
Visit my github
Whats a typical salary range would you think?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement