Advertisement

Flying Sharks

Started by August 30, 2011 04:04 PM
6 comments, last by way2lazy2care 13 years ago
Just watch the video, RC flying fish its funny.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims

I WANT ONE WHERE CAN I BUY IT
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!
Advertisement

I WANT ONE WHERE CAN I BUY IT

they aren't as quiet as the video makes them appear. There's an instructional video about them and they're actually quite loud. Really makes me want to make my own with a quieter motor.
Now they should make one of 343 Guilty Spark. Or Navi from Legend of Zelda.
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.
These look much cooler, but they're probably a shitload more expensive.

The idea of these flying fish is great, but they're clearly targeted as low cost toys. Make them quieter, replace the primitive infrared RC with a Wifi link, add a GPS, a camera, an SDK for the ground control software and things get interesting. Could be a nice modding project.

These look much cooler, but they're probably a shitload more expensive.

The idea of these flying fish is great, but they're clearly targeted as low cost toys. Make them quieter, replace the primitive infrared RC with a Wifi link, add a GPS, a camera, an SDK for the ground control software and things get interesting. Could be a nice modding project.

the biggest issue though is that you need a cylinder of helium and those have to be rented out. a small one isnt expensive, but you still have to find a place to store it.
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!
Advertisement
Slap in an inflatable air bladder to control the buoyancy like real fish and you'll have both altitude control as well as yaw. Improve the motors like way2lazy2care suggest and you'll have a much more maneuverable platform. Make the side fins independently maneuverable and you'll have much more fine control.

-ddn

Slap in an inflatable air bladder to control the buoyancy like real fish and you'll have both altitude control as well as yaw.

It has altitude control via the weight on the bottom being moved forward or backward. Though I agree that would be a cooler way to do it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement