Advertisement

Started by August 25, 2011 02:13 PM
22 comments, last by Gaiiden 13 years ago

[quote name='Khaiy' timestamp='1314315189' post='4853877']
From what I remember you have to upload a picture to a gallery of yours, and then you can choose from among those.

From what I can tell that only lets normal users set their profile picture, but not their avatar. I'm guessing this works for GDNet+ though.
[/quote]

Well, I did it exactly like that. And as you see, I've got a custom avatar. Probably you should just try that.
I've maybe done it back in "the buggy times", though. But just try it anyways.

[quote name='Telgin' timestamp='1314368210' post='4854054']
From what I remember you have to upload a picture to a gallery of yours, and then you can choose from among those.

From what I can tell that only lets normal users set their profile picture, but not their avatar. I'm guessing this works for GDNet+ though.
[/quote]

Well, I did it exactly like that. And as you see, I've got a custom avatar. Probably you should just try that.
[/quote]

:cool: well, lets find out

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Advertisement

[/quote]

[/quote]

Meh, I've tried every possible combination of things and didn't get anywhere. I have an image in a gallery, but it's not to be found anywhere in the avatar settings. If I view the image directly, it gives me the option to set it as my photo under the options header (which worked), but nothing about an avatar. I've tried setting it as a public gallery and that didn't help.

I figured that it was a GDNet+ thing only now and I'd just have to live with no avatar.
Success requires no explanation. Failure allows none.

[quote name='mind in a box' timestamp='1314370149' post='4854073']

[/quote]

[/quote]

:cool: well, lets find out
[/quote]

did'nt work.
what exactly did you do ?
set your avatar as blank ?

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

That bug was fixed. Custom avatars are GDNet+ only, I think. Regular users just use one of the built-in avatars (such as the one I have on).
I'm not aware of the Facebook profile pic thing though.
guess if the facebook one works, im going to be making a dummy fb account then :D

Advertisement
Works for me, and though I do plan on supporting GDNet I have not subscribed yet.
Mark A. Drake
OnSlaught Games
Mark Drake

Works for me, and though I do plan on supporting GDNet I have not subscribed yet.

Me Too.
just i dont have the *ability* to; i'm not in the states so i need a Visa( or insert whatever card needed here ) to make a transaction to GD.Net.

Don't mind me any. I'm just here to show off my facebook avatar. :cool:
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.

Don't mind me any. I'm just here to show off my facebook avatar. :cool:

+1
Show Off :lol:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement