Advertisement

Remember 'tighten up the graphics' ?

Started by August 02, 2011 04:00 PM
26 comments, last by Khaiy 13 years, 1 month ago

Had to share cuz this is pretty funny. It's a year old but I never saw it.

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims

http://www.youtube.c...GoF0khg3Ac&NR=1

Had to share cuz this is pretty funny. It's a year old but I never saw it.

They paid her 67$ an hour to make americas army 3.0? no wonder we are in debt, we are paying people 67$ an hour to make a crappy a$$ game!
Advertisement
America's Army 3.

ctrl-f, "amber"

She must be really upset for not being credited...

America's Army 3.

ctrl-f, "amber"

that lieing f'ing s!ut....... lol that just makes the video even funnier in my eyes
LOL I know a woman in her 40s. She was talking about getting that degree so she could "get paid 70k a year to design and play games." Taking money from these people should be a crime.

America's Army 3.

ctrl-f, "amber"

Try this: http://manual.americasarmy.com/index.php/AAPA_Team

Hmm.. [Dev]Kitty. And she gets paid $67/hr ? Jesus. I dont think even the team leads at my old company got paid that much.
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...
Advertisement
I'm sure she did get $67/hr for "animation" ;) ;)
If it was a short term flat-rate contract she could have gotten "$67/hr" when she broke it down to 40 hours per week, when in reality she was working 70 hours per week and really making $38/hr and working 30 hours of overtime?

I didn't watch the video, so I kind of open myself up to putting my foot in my mouth, but that seems much more realistic than actually paying someone an over 100k salary for art.
The opening to the video reminds me of the openings for some of videos one of my friend's roommates often watched on the big screen TV in their living room. Was more than a little awkward going there to work on projects and then have someone starting to watch those in the next room.

I helped my friend burn the couch after he finally kicked said roommate out of the house.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Easy to speculate on anything, given the lack of information presented in that vid. You can earn a lot more per hour when doing freelance, or a short term sub-contractor gigs... so that figure does not seem so out of place after all. Looks like she is in that boat.
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement