Advertisement

strange internet problem (possibly about certs)

Started by July 18, 2011 09:55 PM
2 comments, last by amrazek111 13 years, 2 months ago
Anyone want to help debug a strange internet problem? The url in question is https://convore.com A week ago it worked fine for me. Now I can't connect to it from my computer using either firefox or internet explorer; just spins forever. Another windows computer in the same cluster couldn't connect using chrome. However a linux computer in the same cluster could connect using firefox. And a windows server 2008 box in a different location could connect using firefox.

On my computer we used curl to try to trace what was going on and found that the server was not sending me any cert data. It handshook me back, then just nothing. Also noticed that the handshake from my box to the server is much smaller than the one from the linux box which then received the cert successfully.

So, any guesses as to what is going wrong here?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Could be a lot of things. (Works for me.) Many sites serve different content based on browser and OS settings, so that's a possible culprit. It could be internal network issues on their data center, site maintenance, server-side software bugs, or many other things.

Since you can get through on some browsers, I'd just email them and ask if they've been having technical issues with their site. Tell them your browser version and OS and let them figure it out.
Advertisement
The site works for me (Windows 7 using Chrome), but it is extremely slow at receiving the certificate... no idea how to go about debugging it though. If you want me to try something, send me a message and i'll be happy to try it and see what the results are.
Gavin Coates
[size="1"]IT Engineer / Web Developer / Aviation Consultant
[size="1"][ Taxiway Alpha ] [ Personal Home Page ]
Have you tried flushing the DNS cache? Just to keep all bases covered

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement