Advertisement

Opinions Wanted: Botch! [Concept Document]

Started by July 14, 2011 06:24 PM
-1 comments, last by PhilipMichaelNorris 13 years, 2 months ago
Hi all,

I was going to post this in the "Wanted" section to amass a prototyping army, but decided to get others' opinions before blindly taking that plunge. Botch! is a game concept I wrote and has yet to make it passed the concept document phase. As it sits now the project's scope is rather grandiose, especially for an indie/prototype. Originally this was pitched (at my former studio) for the wii platform. I am rethinking this now that many handhelds include gyroscopes & accelerometers -features by which this type of game would greatly benefit. I don't want to sit on this idea forever and, at the risk of getting in over my head I wanted to share it with this community. [Please see the attached concept document]

A bit about the game:

Project Overview
Botch! is a fast-paced action game where players are thrown into aerial war zones to dismantle enemy aircraft and vessels. Players take on the role of Botch -a small & careless gremlin who takes to the skies via jetpack. Botch! is a fast-paced third person action-oriented game that allows players to interact with almost everything (and everyone) in an absurdly destructive manner. In fact, getting knocked around and flying into things is a central mechanic of the game.

Game Features

• Zoom through aerial war zones via jetpack!
  • Latch onto passing enemy planes mid-flight & dismantle their engines like only a gremlin can!
  • Hijack enemy vessels & kamikaze into larger ones!
  • Experience fully interactive & destructible vehicles & environments!
  • Collide with enemy vessels at high speeds without suffering any real damage!
  • Mark your territory by signing your name in motor oil on vessel hulls!
  • Boost self-confidence by helping big brother subdue the ever growing red threat!
    More than anything at this point, I want your opinions. Is a game such as this logistically feasible w/o funding? Anyone have start-up experiences they would like to share?

Many thanks!
    www.michaelspiral.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement