Advertisement

Lab rats needed!

Started by June 18, 2011 04:25 AM
3 comments, last by metalmidget 13 years, 3 months ago
A friend of mine is currently writing her psychology thesis on MMORPGs and their effects on players, and needs volunteers to take her ~20min survey. As anyone who has done graduate studies will tell you, finding people to participate in your study is one of the hardest parts of writing a thesis (or dissertation or whatever it is you're writing), especially if you don't have a budget to compensate people for their time.

So if you're a MMORPG player and have a little bit of spare time, please consider taking the survey and/or mentioning it to your fellow players, whether they be guild members or IRL friends.

You can find a quick description of the study, and a link to the actual survey from this facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106373876123488

cheers,
Cam
Of course I'll waste 20 minutes of my life filling your survey after you called me a rat. gfy.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Advertisement
Uhh, not sure if you've heard the term 'lab rat' before, but it just refers to someone participating in a scientific study. It's not an offensive term.

I didn't 'call you a rat', nor did I try to pressure anyone or ask anything unreasonable. This is just me, as a favour to a friend, asking if anyone could spare some time to help. If you're not interested, then just move along and forget about it. No need to get upset.
I was asserting that I'd do it. "Good for you". :)
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Oh, ummm, really? Never seen gfy before, assumed it meant Go F**k Yourself... The internet has trained me to expect assholes! :P

In that case, sorry for the misunderstanding, and thanks for your time :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement