Advertisement

New to the board

Started by May 30, 2011 04:58 AM
1 comment, last by Ninjaboi 13 years, 3 months ago
I just had two questions about stuff on the board that I don't get yet. Bear with me, I'm new.

1. Is there a "User CP" or somewhere I can check that there's been a change/addition to a thread that I've either created or posted on ( subscribed would be a better way to say it )?

2. What is "Reputation"? Is it bad/good? How is it determined?

Probably very easy questions, but I couldn't find the answers ( unless someone can point to where all this is explained ).

Thank you for bearing with me :).

1. Is there a "User CP" or somewhere I can check that there's been a change/addition to a thread that I've either created or posted on ( subscribed would be a better way to say it )?
Under the drop-down menu with your name in the upper left you should find various different options relating to your account and settings. One of the options is "my content", and shows topics you've posted or replied to. If you're after something more active you can try looking under "settings" at the "notification options", where you can set up email notifications or the like.

2. What is "Reputation"? Is it bad/good? How is it determined?[/quote] Higher is better, and although your actual score can drop below zero (and I believe can still be viewed in the profile) display around the forums is capped so it can't go below 0. I don't know if any additional logic goes into the process, but reputation is determined based on your posts being voted up or down -- you'll see a thumbs up and thumbs down icon and a little number in the lower right of each post. Some people also had a starting score ported over from our old forum software. Higher-scored users are generally (but not always) more helpful, but those with a lower score aren't necessarily always unhelpful; don't worry about it too much unless you notice a particular post of yours is getting a lot of down-votes, in which case you've obviously done something people find annoying -- only one or two down-votes don't necessarily indicate anything wrong though, you might have just got someone on a bad day or someone irrational rating one of your posts for no good reason.

Hope that helps!

- Jason Astle-Adams

Advertisement
Thanks, that did help. :cool:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement