Advertisement

Comfortable full-sized headphones?

Started by May 05, 2011 10:19 PM
0 comments, last by PrestoChung 13 years, 4 months ago
I'm in the market for a decent set of headphones. I previously used a pair of Shure e4c in-ear headphones (canalphones) for about 8 years, which delivered incredible sound. However, they're starting to fall apart from age. For my next headphones, I'd like a full-sized set, since putting in and taking out canalphones became a major hassle and somewhat gross (I end up producing a lot of earwax when I have them in.... ew).

I can probably spend about $200 on a pair. I want headphones that produce good sound, particularly on classical music and video games (no techno/synth here). Sound isolation is not really a priority, since they're mainly for use in the workplace, where I'd like to be able to hear when someone calls my name. They should be comfortable to wear nonstop for 4-8 hour stretches.

Any recommendations?
I've had these for about 5 years...They are fully 'open' so not only can you hear around you but also it is quite easy to hear what you are listening to if the volume is high enough. Replaceable earpads and cable is a plus.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD600-Dynamic-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00004SY4H/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304634276&sr=8-1

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement