Advertisement

question about traveling on airliner..

Started by March 21, 2011 02:47 PM
0 comments, last by gavco98 13 years, 6 months ago
I booked a ticket from San Francisco to NJ for a friends developers gathering... the resulting ticket says:

San Francisco (SFO) to Newark (EWR)
United Airlines 3659
Aircraft Boeing 737-800 (Operated by Continental Airlines flight 649)

but now I'm really confused. "Operated by Continental Airlines" ??. see, I need to order a car service to pick me up from the Airport. but I have no clue now what terminal to tell them to pick me up at. do I say United? Or Continental? never experienced this before.

I booked a ticket from San Francisco to NJ for a friends developers gathering... the resulting ticket says:

San Francisco (SFO) to Newark (EWR)
United Airlines 3659
Aircraft Boeing 737-800 (Operated by Continental Airlines flight 649)

but now I'm really confused. "Operated by Continental Airlines" ??. see, I need to order a car service to pick me up from the Airport. but I have no clue now what terminal to tell them to pick me up at. do I say United? Or Continental? never experienced this before.

Say Continental. This is what is known as a code-share, where one airline operates a flight (Continental), but the flight also carries another carriers code (United), and the second airline also sells seats on the flight. In this case, Continental and United merged last year, and are currently consolidating all their operations. Until they are fully merged, they will continue to operate under two seperate licenses (Air Operating Certificates), but all flights will carry both airlines codes.

Your booking conformation should tell you which terminal your flight arrives at. A quick search online suggests it arrives at terminal C.
Gavin Coates
[size="1"]IT Engineer / Web Developer / Aviation Consultant
[size="1"][ Taxiway Alpha ] [ Personal Home Page ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement