Advertisement

Career Path?

Started by March 14, 2011 02:58 AM
0 comments, last by Oberon_Command 13 years, 6 months ago
Hi guys, my first post. I'm currently studying BSc Computer Games Development and I'm almost finished my degree, i have some questions and would appreciate some advice. I have been looking for various programming jobs and I have experienced/felt that my employability chances are diminished by the word 'Games' in my degree. As a result I would like to take up 'Advanced Software Engineering' or 'Advanced Computer Science', which one would be more beneficial in the long run? As far as course content is concerned, they are both quite similar (most of the course modules are combined).

Furthermore, would you say that doing 3 months unpaid internship as a junior programmer is worth it just for the experience factor?

Furthermore, would you say that doing 3 months unpaid internship as a junior programmer is worth it just for the experience factor?

Speaking as a co-op student myself, I'd say yes. When I was interviewing for my summer placement this year, most if not all of the questions that I faced in the interviewing process were related to projects I had worked on, both in and out of school. According to what I've heard, the experience factor is the dominating one, so it's worth it to get some experience now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement