Advertisement

Thoughts on the ipad 2

Started by March 03, 2011 01:28 PM
33 comments, last by touch_the_sky 13 years, 6 months ago
Apple has announced the release of a new ipad, it features a dual-core processor, new slim design, two cameras and a funky magnetic screen protector.

Now! to me that doesn't make me want to rush out and buy it feels more like ipad 1.5 rather than ipad 2 you would think with apples large share of the tablet market its worth them making bigger improvements to the ipad it seems like apple are happy to make any old rubbish and expect people to buy it.

I think the new a5 processor with 9x faster graphics will not benefit consumers or developers at all, no developer is going to make specific ipad 2 apps.

I think everyone should stick to the original ipad until apple make a significant release.

what do you guys think?
Heh, they're probably trying to keep milking the old cow for as long as possible, but it's a good strategy - it will sell anyways;)
Advertisement
lol, they could of kept milking the same cow.
This somehow reminds me of some Simpsons episode with Steve Mobs & Mapple -> Steve: "Well, I know our adverts say 'think differently', but the actual policy is 'no refunds' " ;) And it's always about one thing.
I still don't understand why apple hasn't released an art focused tablet. They're missing a huge market that's already pretty much loyal to apple to begin with.
Like the original iPad, I don't see what problem the thing is supposed to solve. It's too bulky to use on the go, it's too expensive to be a games console, the poor battery life (relative to other eBook readers) and LCD screen makes it a no-go as an eBook reader, it doesn't have a keyboard so doing any sort of work on it is impossible. What's left? Presentations and watching a movie by yourself while lying in bed?
Advertisement
Your right the ipad is a useless tool its got nothing you cant find on the iphone.
While other manufactures are rushing to bring out their tablets. apple makes a strategic price drop on the ipad 1 and sell more units.
although it makes no difference ipad 1 or 2 its still means more money for Steve's health fund.

[color=#1C2837][size=2]I still don't understand why apple hasn't released an art focused tablet. They're missing a huge market that's already pretty much loyal to apple to begin with.[/quote]

What would and art focused tablet be? they already have sketchbook available for ISO.
with 9x faster graphics will not benefit consumers or developers at all, no developer is going to make specific ipad 2 apps.

If those figures actually represent reality, I wouldn't bet on it.
9x speed-up is huge, that makes it an attractive platform for more serious graphics.
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad
[color="#1C2837"]If those figures actually represent reality, I wouldn't bet on it.
9x speed-up is huge, that makes it an attractive platform for more serious graphics. [/quote]
[font="Helvetica"]The problem is all the other ISO devices don't have this power so developers would be shooting themselves in the foot trying to make there apps work on all the ISO platforms.[/font]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement