🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

multiple bluetooth keyboards at once

Started by
2 comments, last by Gaiiden 13 years, 5 months ago
In general: can you have two bluetooth keyboards controlling the same computer at the same time?
Specifically: can you have two of those Apple bluetooth keyboards controlling the same MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard at the same time?
Why on earth: the keyboard works great, but is way too narrow to be ergonomically reasonable for extended use. I could just replace it with one of those "ergonomic" keyboards, but even they (the ones I've come across) don't do the trick: most relaxed posture === hands are shoulder-width apart.
I say:A keyboard for every hand!
Advertisement
I can't confirm this since I only have one Bluetooth keyboard but my guess would be yes

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Picked up the other keyboard today -- it's working great!
The only problem is that the modifier keys (shift, ctrl, etc.) don't work across keyboards by default.
A bit of searching revealed a forum post where a helpful individual has created a tiny unix executable that takes care of this (on OS X).

I'm pretty happy with the setup, it's quite the improvement. I did come across this company however, while searching to fix the modifiers.
These things look like an even better solution (hadn't known they existed!), so I might try them at some point in the future.
cool! Glad it worked out for ya

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement