🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Recommended books?

Started by
3 comments, last by slunko 24 years, 11 months ago
Depending how low-level you want to go, there's a book called something like "The Linux Kernel", which deascribes in depth the inner workings (quite litereally) of Linux.

If you want some less low-level stuff, try the Linux Programmers Guide (there's a link from "Projects" at www.linux.org)

------------------
Mark Collnis
- EHB Software

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Advertisement
"Beginning Linux Programming" is supposed to be reasonably good. There is a review for it on slashdot at http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/08/02/1334252&mode=nested You might try that to get yourself familiarized to Linux. If you're looking for a game-programming specific book for Linux, then you are probably out of luck.

[This message has been edited by Zuvembi (edited August 05, 1999).]

Dane Jackson - zuvembi@mindless.com
The meek shall inherit what they're bloody well given.
And be thankful for it.
Thanks Godfree^ I'we start digging trough the docs now. ..
/slunko

Hello I'm pretty new to the linux community and looking for a short description of the internal workings of the OS and some general programming info about the unix fundametals such as sockets, forking etc.
I've done a lot of programming in C and ASM for DOS and are now moving on to a 'real' 32 bit OS.
If someone have read any good books (sites, homepages or whatever) regarding this. Please give me the url or title of the book.
I'm not looking for information on setting up linux, etc. Just some C/ASM programming info.
/slunko

I've checked the book you recommended Zuvembi, but it doesn't seem to satisfy me. thanks anyway
/slunko

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement