🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Like Quake? You'll love this (almost as much as pie)!

Started by
24 comments, last by kaladios 4 years, 7 months ago
Quote: Original post by Antheus
Quote: Original post by owl
This is the future of gaming.

Q2 had sub-par graphics when it came out originally. You know, over a decade ago.
Q1 was cool back in the day when people were amazed at real-time pseudo-3D scenes made out of 25 triangles.

And today, in the age of multi-GPU configurations which can do bazillion phong-shaded, bump mapped, SSAO shaded triangles people get excited over the fact that Q1 and Q2 barely work...

In other news, I have made a wheel. It's not really round, but it's a start. I expect it to be usable in real world in some 5-10 years.

I wouldn't be so dismissive. For a certain niche of games HTML 5 is very very promising indeed. It surely won't be doing Crysis anytime soon but it's well positioned to stick it to Flash when it comes to quick-fix advertising based games.

Plus we can do really really cool websites with it. Dunno about you guys but I'm definitely looking forward to ditching flash for my own site and going WebGL instead.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Darragh
Dunno about you guys but I'm definitely looking forward to ditching flash for my own site and going WebGL instead.
Except that the rest of us have to deal with compatibility and usability, and thus don't *have* flash sites, nor will we be able to do WebGL sites...

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

I've been trying to think of something to post in here for days, and all I come back to is the fact that I'm fat and like pie. Mmmm, blueberry...

I challenge pie to a duel.

=============================RhinoXNA - Easily start building 2D games in XNA!Projects

Quote: Original post by programmermattc

that's suicide.
Quote: Original post by way2lazy2care
Quote: Original post by programmermattc

that's suicide.

We should have a thread for some kind of GameDev based eating contest. Maybe like the dollar challenge or eating 3.14 pies.

I bet I could eat 3.14 pies, though I think I'd be in a sugar coma for about a year.

=============================RhinoXNA - Easily start building 2D games in XNA!Projects

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement