🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Installing Python 2.6.4 on CentOS 5.4

Started by
1 comment, last by kirkd 14 years, 7 months ago
I have a fresh, up to date install of CentOS 5.4: Linux 2.6.18-164.6.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Nov 3 16:12:36 EST 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and I'm trying to build Python 2.6.4. Following the install instructions in the Python directory, I get this message when I execute: ./configure make Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules: bsddb185 dl imageop sunaudiodev and my Python install fails. I cannot seem to find any information on how to get these pieces in place such that the build will succeed, and in fact, most of them seem quite old and possibly deprecated. Any tips are greatly appreciated. -Kirk
Advertisement
I couldn't say if doing this manually is the proper way, but in setup.py you can add modules to the disabled_module_list to skip them.
# Replace:disabled_module_list = []# With:disabled_module_list = ['bsddb185', 'dl', 'imageop', 'sunaudiodev']
Null and Void,

Thank you for the suggestion. I found that despite getting the warning that the module weren't being built, the python interpreter was indeed built after all. I was interpreting the output as an error when it was simply a warning. duh. 8^)

-Kirk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement