🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Backup System / Permanent Storage

Started by
13 comments, last by Luckless 15 years, 2 months ago
I meant as a solution to your giant shoe box problem.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Advertisement
I've never used microfilm before, and I have an aversion to adopting new technologies.
I'm sorry, I was joking about it. Microfilm isn't really 'new', actually it is old, outdated, and I don't think anyone actually uses it anymore except for existing archive stock. Mostly records/newspapers were put on them, items that would other wise take up huge amounts of shelf space.

But if you did want to print everything off, it would save a fair bit of room rather than printing to just normal paper.
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
I am a fan of NAS (Network Attached Storage).

theTroll
Is there a real advantage in buying off the shelf NAS and building your own file server out of an older PC in a case with lots of drive slots? Besides maybe a slight improvement in power usage, and easier setup times?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement