🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Good quality monitor recommendations?

Started by
1 comment, last by Bakura 16 years, 3 months ago
My current monitor is a 19" CRT iiyama which has served me well for several years, but the picture is starting to get a bit blurry now and I keep finding myself squinting at it so I think it's time I got a replacement. Unfortunately all the LCD monitors appear to be a "downgrade". Currently I run quite happily at 1600x1200, and it'd be nice to switch to a widescreen LCD at the same or higher resolution. Yet there seems to be a gap in the available models - it goes from smaller ones with a lower resolution and then suddenly jumps to ridiculously big and expensive with nothing in between. I'm actually wondering if it would be better to get a couple of 19" 1440x900 ones and dual monitor, but that would be a bit naff for running games on. Budget-wise I'd prefer to keep to under £400, but could probably go to £500 for the right model. Recommendations?
Advertisement
How about 22" widescreen TFTs? They have a resolution of 1680x1050, and their price is quite reasonable. For example, Samsung Syncmaster 226BW is only £200.

EDIT: It looks like you can get even a 24" TFT with 1920x1200 resolution (full HD capable) with only £300. See for example, Samsung SyncMaster 245B.
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW for 1 month, and I'm quite satisfied with it :). The native resolution is 1680*1050, and the quality is fabulous ! The design is like latest Samsung TVs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement