🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Daddy's Little Girl

Started by
3 comments, last by Marly 16 years, 9 months ago
I looked in on the contest last year and am considering entering this year with this: Game Title: Daddy's Little Girl Genre: Adventure RTS (I'm not an expert on game genra) Premise: The daughter of a middle class ACCOUNTANT has one desire (well, actually she has many, but the others aren't important here): she wants a PONY. Of course, daddy can't afford to buy her one, let alone maintain one, but despite the fact that he has explained this to her many times, she is adament. Now, to get her way, she has strapped on an EXPLOSIVE VEST and is threatening to detonate it, taking out herself and anything near her (including the accountant). Daddy must do anything he can, such as embezzlement, share price inflation through creative book keeping, and budget balancing for shady organizations, inorder to get his daughter the ponies she demands, as well as the SEA SALT CRYSTALS which keep them alive. Game Mechanics: Going for something like Diablo in terms of graphics/movement about levels, except it will be timed, and some of the player's success will depend on being in the right place at the right time. Objective of each level is to "earn" enough money to buy enough sea salt crystals to keep the ponies alive until another pony can be bought. Of course, as long as they are supplied with enough to survive, ponies don't die, they multiply, and so the accountant has to buy more and more sea salt crystals as time progresses. If the ponies do start to die, the girl will get upset and eventually detonate the vest. The game ends when that happens. Programming: C/C++/Win32 API (probably) Hopefully I'll get some time to work on this. I've completed a card game before, but other than that have little experience making games, so this will be a challenge.
Advertisement
Wow. That's actually kinda cool. Hopefully not too controversial for the contest, but I think this could be an interesting game to play!

Flesh out the idea a little more with specific gameplay - I'm curious!
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Going the Willy Wonka and Veronica route? Cool! Sounds like a little sadistic girl who hopefully gets her comeuppance in the end.
Very simular to the idea I had except I wasn't going to endanger the little girl! Good incentive not to lose tho, =x. Poor 'spoiled' little girl.

I like the idea of anything Diablo-like so i'm all for this idea, good luck!
Check out my 4E6 progress!( Personal Guarantee! You will NOT get rick-rolled. )
I think this is a very good idea, and it sounds real too. My little sister wanted a pony too when she was young, I think every little girl wants a pony. Not every little girl wants to detonate herself because daddy can't pay one, but that's the funny thing about your story.

I suggest you should make an intro movie in which you see daddy and the little girl watching the pony's, and then the girl says 'I want a pony, this one!' Then daddy says 'but pony's are very expensive, you know that little maddy.' Then the little girl starts whining and runs away, she finds the explosive vest and yells to her father 'give it to me or I blow myself up!' And then she runs away.

Hope you like that intro, I was thinking that when I first read your message.

Good luck on it! Tell me when it's done.

Marlon.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement