🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4E6] A Day At The Chases

Started by
1 comment, last by Jabus10 16 years, 9 months ago
Game Name: A day at the chases Description: You play a ruthless bookie at the international pony race stadium. You must make ends meet and to do this you must set odds on the ponies and pray people will bet at your stand. You find out information about each pony from the newspaper stand and then you set your odds. However to make sure you always win you can sabotage the pony and their rider. e.g. Arsenic crystals in the riders coffee and exploding horseshoes on the ponies. However don't do it so much that the police catch on. The rival bookmakers are up to no good as well and will also try to sabotage the race for their own means. I think I've got all four elements there but I may need to involve accounting slightly more rather than the player just trying to make ends meet. [Edited by - Jabus10 on September 29, 2007 7:04:28 AM]
Advertisement
Hi Jabus,
How would you implement this game? I'm thinking 2D vs 3D. Reading newspaper data and making decisions....sabotaging ponies with crystals...I'm not sure how I would do this.

Can you comment on this without giving away any secrets? =)

Regards,
Chuck
It would be a 2d game. If you have ever played the game airline tycoon ( I think thats the title) thats what made me think of it.

Each pony would be randomly generated and have certain 'modifiers' which effect how it would race. The newspaper would give clues on exactly what these 'modifiers' are (for example one of the modifiers would be the how likely it would be for the pony to have a random boost in speed) if this was high the information about the pony in the newspaper would read something like "An inconsistent racer but always seems to jump into a fiery pace at least once in a race".

The crystals i.e. arsenic crystals in the riders coffee or diamond crystals as studs on the horseshoe would effect these modifiers. Diamond crystals studded in the horseshoe might increase the base speed of the pony because and decrease the chance of it falling down because it has a better grip. The arsenic crystals might increase the chance of the rider falling off. The crystals only affect the modifiers of the pony which are then used in the racing simulation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement