🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Registration

Started by
4 comments, last by superpig 16 years, 9 months ago
Will we have to register? I'd prefer it if we did, because that way some hard stats on number of entrants can be seen. Which is exciting for me, and maybe good for sponsorship?
Advertisement
Hard stats excite you? o_O

As long as it is possible to register at any time during the contest, it would be fine with me. But to be honest, I see no need for it (we had a roll call thread last year if I remember correctly).
The problem with registration is that we tend to get lots of drop-outs. I'll see about enhancing the 'Your Entry' section and making it available earlier this time around so that people who are actually achieving things can show their work off earlier.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

What if we just had a "Do you plan to enter?" thread for now instead?

------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
"Your entry" would be brilliant but unfortunately for me it seems like the sort of thing better-suited to gdnet+.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Quote: Original post by cowsarenotevil
"Your entry" would be brilliant but unfortunately for me it seems like the sort of thing better-suited to gdnet+.

Well, it'll lock down after the contest ends, and there's a reasonable chance that I can use the code I write to improve the GDS as well. I'm not too concerned about people abusing it as a 'free GDS.'

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement