🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Netzero on Linux?

Started by
2 comments, last by PM-Heavy 17 years, 4 months ago
I was wondering if anyone has been able to use Netzero as their ISP on Linux. I am running Fedora Core 6. On the Netzero website the only version for Linux is a .deb file that won't install. I would have just used a separate dialer, but they require that theirs be used. I have tried to find a better ISP, but all I have found are either to expensive or they have to many restrictions on their use. Broadband is not available in my area. Thanks for any ideas.
Advertisement
I was able to get it working on Red Hat 5 years ago when I had a 486 with a 9600bps modem. All I remeber is that it was so much work that unless you got time to kill it wasn't worth it.
I did alot of web searching to figure it out I remeber that too.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
You know you can simply open a .deb with an archiver and get the binaries out there, don't you? Also, APT has been ported to other distro's and some distro's have commands to convert deb's into their native package format.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

Thanks guys. I think that I already opened it with an archiver, but I didn't try to install it that way. And I remember there was a program to convert .deb's to .rpm's so I will try that again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement