🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

No porting for Windows games

Started by
1 comment, last by twigllet 23 years, 3 months ago
For the people that use Linux out there: Check out this article/interview. http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/march01/gavrielstate/ Things are looking better.
Advertisement
Hmmm... Wine''s still inferior to native ports - it''s still too unstable / doesn''t support many required functions.

cu,
Prefect

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
Sanity is the trademark of a weak mind.
Widelands - laid back, free software strategy
Why bother with WINE?

Microsoft are currently looking into ways of opening up the DirectX API to allow the technology to run on other platforms. I''m currently working on getting the head of DirectX development to consider a complete Linux port of DirectX (we''re almost friends).

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement