Advertisement

konqueror forgets view mode

Started by January 13, 2007 12:21 PM
3 comments, last by erissian 17 years, 8 months ago
Hi. I use konqueror, and every time I open a new directory window or tab it defaults to the "Icon View" view mode and I can't find any setting which lets me change the default to, say, "MultiColumn" view. Also, where are the settings that let me shrink the icon sizes for these views down to something like the size "Tree View" uses? <rant>Anyone else think it's tragic how the fashion in having "soft"-looking GUIs has effectively lowered the screen resolution and led to large default icon sizes?
spraff.net: don't laugh, I'm still just starting...
When I open Konqueror, the first thing I do is switching the view (to tree-view in my case). If I don´t do that every other new tab will be icon-view, as you said.

Afaik there is no setting, which tells Konqueror to have a standard view for every new instance.

hope that helped.
Advertisement
It's easy :)

Switch to desired view Mode

Then Preferences / Save View Profile / Then Save and there you go.
Aargh! It remembers the icon size but not the view mode.

Things like this make me feel like the grumpy old bastard in Amélie when she sabotages all the little things in his house.

Thanks anyway.
spraff.net: don't laugh, I'm still just starting...
The way I do it is to check "View Properties Saved In Folder," because I like the tree view for source, but huge icons for graphics, etc. Also, AFAIK, a directory's view defaults to the parent's view.
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement