🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Crunchtime!

Started by
3 comments, last by Prinz Eugn 17 years, 7 months ago
< 3 weeks to go! Anyone else entering a period of code-crunch? I know I sure am
Advertisement
Just started coding this week actually.
Anyone else starting late?
I'm not in code-crunch mode, I'm about to hit art-crunch mode. I should be finishing off the last boss of the game tonight or tomorrow, then after that, I have to do all of the background art, all of the music, all of the sound effects, and all of the voice acting.

It's going to be really, really close.

It's hard to post cool screenshots of a game with no background art.
I was originally planning on submitting a project when I first learned about 4E5, but I got far too busy with school work to really think about it.

Now, however, I'm actually taking a class on Visual Basic.NET and it occured to me that I could do my final project as some type of game and submit that for the contest. A win-win situation. My problems stem from the fact that my computer is such a piece of junk I wasn't really able to get any of the D3D samples to work so I'm using directdraw. Not cool. The 'game' is going to be incredibly crappy as I don't actually have time to work on it. My goal is to figure out how to actually include the 4E in 2 weeks. That and finish the thing! The project isn't due for class until a week into december.

My philosophy is a crappy entry is better than no entry at all. Of course, the judges may disagree with that sentiment. Wish me luck!

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

The Emotion element fills me with fear. Is that ironic?

Other than that, I don't have much too much to do, but Sir Sapo, the programmer sure as hell does.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement