🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4E5] Submissions system (beta) now online

Started by
6 comments, last by valles 17 years, 7 months ago
Folks, The submission system for 4E5 is pretty much done. If any of you would care to test out what I've put together, upload your entries, etc... then I'd greatly appreciate it. Entries are treated as topics in a specially-modified forum, so we have full support for user-posted entries, editing entries, commenting on entries, etc. To submit your entry, go to the forum and hit "New Topic." (I know, the button's wording isn't ideal). You don't even need to submit any files or screenshots now - you can just fill out your game's name and description if you like, and edit the entry later to add your submission. To ensure that nobody uploads anything untoward, your entry needs to be approved by a staff member before it becomes accessible to anyone else. Note that if you edit your entry after it's been approved, it'll need approving again. The system also allows you to give information about how you've fulfilled the element requirements, as well as leave notes for the judges. Currently, this information is only viewable by the judges. Please do fill out the element fields - they help to ensure that we don't miss what you've put in and disqualify you. If there are any problems you encounter, please post in this thread or drop me a PM. I'm already aware that HTTP submission might not be ideal for people with particularly large entries; if anyone falls into that category, I'd like to know, as I have a workaround but it will need me to work directly with you to upload the entry by hand. Best of luck for the remaining weeks...

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
okay i will try then superpig :), but it will not feature my game yet, i only make a topic with some text things :) but keep up the good work :D

*EDIT* its works and it really sweet cant wait till other people has uploaded something, wow, keep up the good work superpig

~pray to the superpig god~
I submitted mine, it may not be viewable to others, but I get this error on my preview page.

Quote:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

Invalid procedure call or argument

/community/forums/mod/4e5/shared.asp, line 32

Quote: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57'

String or binary data would be truncated.

/community/forums/post_info.asp, line 0

Is there a limit on line length, or characters that are not allowed?

EDIT: Fixed, my shpiel was too long, should probably limit the size of the input text box to the max allowed by your database.

EDIT2: Damn, now I look like an idiot for multiple posting my entry. Please delete the non-working ones, I can't do it myself.
My 4eV entry: Euro1943
Is someone deleting my submission, or is it once I submit it and log off, my item won't be displayed to me?
If you're not logged in, you won't be able to view any entries that haven't been approved.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Well, this is why I called it beta [grin]

The errors reported in this thread have been fixed, I think - valles, your entry is now showing up fine, and hornpipe2, you actually did delete all but one of your entries (as you'll find if you try clicking on them) but they're still showing up in the forum listing. I wouldn't worry too much - nobody else can see them as they haven't been approved.

Also, while I can't actually place a limit on the textboxes, I've added code to truncate them to the maximum length such that you won't see any more errors (you'll just see that the end is cut off, and may choose to go back and edit it).

Great work superpig! I've been working on this project since the contest was announced I can't wait to see my competitors!

Thx!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement