🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Aww slashdot doesn't like 4E5

Started by
9 comments, last by Oluseyi 18 years, 1 month ago
Here Oh well, at least that means there will be less competition.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
Advertisement
Wow, it does seem that my feelings were correct, slashdot is full of Linux people and internet geeks that think programmers are geeks. I don't understand how they can say that a price from SoftImage|XSI is actually not worth it.. They sure aren't developers.

Quote: Oh well, at least that means there will be less competition.

Agreed. I don't mind this being a GDNet only thing either.
They were complaining about prizes but I dont think the prizes are what the contest is really about. I think most contestants on gamedev would compete even if there were no prizes, I sure would.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
My favorite reply is this one:

Quote:
Windows only - BOO!
by 5plicer (886415) on Monday June 05, @04:00AM (#15470693)
(http://www.cs.camosun.bc.ca/~c0262447/)
Rule #10: The entry must be able to run on Microsoft Windows to qualify. In other words, standard Windows executables, Flash, browser-based games, etc. all qualify as long as we can use the entry on our judging machines.

I quit reading slashdot a while back, but when I clicked the link, I knew there would be someone complaining about Windows, and voila, there he was!
It is Slashdot what do you expect?
I never read slashdot and judging by the pointlessness of their remarks, cant see a reason to.

Dave
Quote: I hate to sound snide, but asking a bunch of computer geeks, notoriously out of touch with their feelings, to make a game about/with emotions is asking for trouble.

I hate to sound snide, but I can't even begin to imagine how to qualify this post coming from a slashdot user [smile]
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
I hate to sound snide, but the entire purpose of slashdot is to make snide remarks to impress their fellow pretentious geeks. :D
Daniel
I hate to sound snide, but I think slashdot is bunch of closet-wanne-be coders and wanna-be geeks.
What is this, an "I know you are, but what am I!!" contest? A handful of mostly pointless comments on slashdot is about as influencial as, well, nothing.

....here's me hoping the children's taunt isn't just an Australian thing.
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement